Because Holidailies is starting and this seemed like a good introduction.
1. EVER BEEN GIVEN AN ENGAGEMENT RING?
Huh. Actually, no, even though I've been married forever. We didn't have any money so I told him not to bother. I'm not a big fan of diamonds, anyway.
2. LONGEST RELATIONSHIP?
30 years and counting. Married 30 years next spring - that's so hard to believe.
3. LAST GIFT YOU RECEIVED?
Probably nail polish.
4. EVER DROPPED A CELL PHONE?
Oh hell yeah. Without Otterboxes I could never have an iPhone.
5. WHEN'S THE LAST TIME YOU WORKED OUT?
Does three minutes count?
6. THING(S) YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY ON?
7. LAST FOOD YOU ATE?
A piece of streusel cake.
8. FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Height, I suppose.
9. ONE FAVORITE SONG?
Yellow. (I know it's uncool to admit to liking anything by Coldplay, but for some reason I love that song.)
10. WHERE DO YOU LIVE?
11. HIGH SCHOOL YOU ATTENDED:
Small Town USA (actually it's about 10 miles from here)
12. CELL PHONE SERVICE PROVIDER:
13. FAVORITE MALL STORE:
Sephora, I suppose, although usually when I actually go in a Sephora store I end up pissed off about something.
14. LONGEST JOB YOU HAD:
Secretary for a bunch of accountants.
15. DO YOU OWN A PAIR OF DICE?
There might be a Monopoly game stuck in the closet somewhere, in which case, yes.
16. DO YOU PRANK CALL PEOPLE?:
I did when I was 12 or so. Recently? No.
17. LAST WEDDING YOU ATTENDED:
My cousin's. Which was a while ago.
18. FIRST FRIEND YOU'D CALL IF YOU WON THE LOTTERY:
I'm not sure I'd tell anybody. (I probably wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut, but I think it'd be the best idea.)
19. LAST TIME YOU SAW YOUR BEST FRIEND:
Well, if my best friend is the person I play games with, he lives on a different coast than I do and I last saw him in person in, like, 2005.
20. FAVORITE FAST FOOD RESTAURANT:
Since McDonald's started serving sausage biscuits all day, I'd have to go with them.
21. BIGGEST LIE YOU HAVE EVER HEARD:
What did Trump say today? (I guess that would be something to the effect of "Oh no, we're not giving any tax breaks to Carrier!")
23. WHERE'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT WITH FRIENDS?
THE place around here for socializing is a Mexican place called Gringo's, so let's go with that.
24. CAN YOU COOK?
When I bother, yeah.
25. WHAT CAR DO YOU DRIVE?:
2009 Toyota Corolla
26. BEST KISSER:
Rob, although it took me a while to come around to his kissing method.
27. LAST TIME YOU CRIED?:
I tear up really easily, so if we're talking a little stealth crying it probably hasn't beeen long. Full-on crying? Not so recently.
28. MOST DISLIKED FOODS:
Slimy things: squid, oysters.
29. THING YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF:
And I have good hair.
30. THING YOU DISLIKE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF:
I'm fat. (Honestly, I probably have worse bad points, but that's the obvious one.)
32. LONGEST SHIFT YOU HAVE WORKED AT A JOB?:
I used to work in a restaurant and we did 11 a.m. to close on weekends - probably 13 or 14 hours, a few times.
33. FAVORITE MOVIE?
Let's say Aliens. (Tomorrow I'll probably say something different, though.)
34. CAN YOU SING?
I was a voice major once upon a time. Nowadays, not so much.
35. LAST CONCERT ATTENDED?
It was so long ago I'm not even sure.
36. LAST KISS?
37. LAST MOVIE RENTED:
No idea. We don't have a working player so we don't do Redbox or anything. I've probably rented something or other from iTunes most recently but I don't remember what.
38.ONE THING YOU NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT:
39. FAVORITE VACATION SPOT:
Las Vegas (as long as it's not summer)
43. LAPTOP OR DESKTOP COMPUTER?:
Desktop. I know, I'm all retro and stuff.
44. FAVORITE COMEDIAN?:
Jon Stewart, I guess.
45. DO YOU SMOKE?
I did for about six weeks in high school. I suspect I never really inhaled.
46. SLEEP WITH OR WITHOUT CLOTHES?
Without, unless I'm cold.
47. WHO SLEEPS WITH YOU EVERY NIGHT?:
Nobody. We've been married for nearly 30 years, we have conjugal visits but we don't actually sleep in the same bed. (Free marriage advice? Separate beds are a wonderful thing - especially once you get to the point where somebody starts snoring.)
48. DO LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS WORK?:
Never tried it.
49. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BEEN PULLED OVER BY THE POLICE?
Enough over the years that I've lost count. Last time was a couple of years ago. I was legit speeding but he let me off with a warning.
50. PANCAKES OR FRENCH TOAST?
If forced to choose in a restaurant I'd take French toast. I like Rob's pancakes but not anybody else's.
51. DO YOU LIKE COFFEE?:
Oh hell yeah. (As long as it has lots of milk in it, I don't do black.)
52 HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR EGGS?
Scrambled. And if they're runny I won't eat them. I'm a picky eater, can you tell?
53. DO YOU BELIEVE IN ASTROLOGY?:
No - although I am a bullheaded Taurus and I do occasionally think that's an interesting coincidence.
54. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?:
My aunt. Actually that's not true, it was some random caller at work.
55. LAST PERSON ON YOUR MISSED CALL LIST?:
Some random number, probably.
56. WHAT WAS THE LAST TEXT MESSAGE YOU RECIEVED?:
Well, now that the election is over it's probably not Hillary. It's more likely to be some robo-text thing than a real person though.
58. NUMBER OF PILLOWS?:
Several. No specific number required, though.
59. WHAT ARE YOU WEARING RIGHT NOW?:
A Longhorn t-shirt and some ill-fitting knit pants that I never wear outside the house.
60. PICK A LYRIC, ANY LYRIC:
Not all those who wander are lost. (Hmm, that's actually a poem, does that count?)
61. WHAT KIND OF JELLY DO YOU LIKE ON YOUR PB & J?:
Grape. (I like blackberry on English muffins but grape on PB&J. Go figure.)
62. CAN YOU PLAY POOL?:
I know how, more or less. Haven't tried in years, though.
63. CAN YOU SWIM?
64. FAVORITE ICE CREAM?:
65. DO YOU LIKE MAPS?
I do. I like them a lot, actually.
66. TELL ME A RANDOM FACT ABOUT YOURSELF:
I had heart surgery when I was 12.
(Hey, where's 67?)
68. EVER ATTEND A THEME PARTY?
Sure. Not lately, but that's because I'm kind of a hermit.
69. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON
70. LAST TIME YOU LAUGHED AT SOMETHING STUPID?
I do that all the time.
71. WHAT TIME DID YOU WAKE UP THIS MORNING ?
9:00. Then I went back to sleep.
72. BEST THING ABOUT WINTER?:
I live where winters aren't very cold. The best thing about winter is that it isn't 90 degrees all the time
73. LAST TIME A COP GAVE YOU A TICKET?:
Probably 2008. (I briefly a had a very peppy Ford Focus and the Galveston police caught me speeding on the way in to work a couple of times that year.)
75. NAME OF YOUR FIRST PET?
76. DO YOU THINK PIRATES ARE COOL OR OVERRATED?:
Only fictional pirates are cool. Real ones are horrible.
77. WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS WEEKEND??
Nothing much, probably.
78. BIRTH DATE
April 26... a long time ago.
79. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE:
(more missing numbers, that bothers me.)
85. ARE YOU ON A LAPTOP?:
87. ARE YOU SMILING?:
I am now.
89. DO YOU MISS SOMEONE RIGHT NOW
Again, not until I thought about it.
90. IF YOU COULD GO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHERE WOULD YOU GO?
92. ARE YOU IN HIGH SCHOOL?:
Ha. Not for a long, long time, no.
93. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH?:
No, thank goodness, I seem to have finally gotten over those.
94. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NAME?
95. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR BATHING SUIT?:
96. DOES YOUR SCHOOL START IN AUGUST?:
The one where I work does, yes.
97. DID YOU GO ON VACATION LAST MONTH?:
Not unless you count Thanksgiving.
98. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ON A CRUISE?:
Nope. It's my worst nightmare. (Claustrophobic, see. I want to be able to get OFF if I want to.)
99. DO YOU HAVE A SISTER
100. ARE YOU UPSTAIRS?:
101. ARE YOU IN LOVE?:
102. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN THE HOSPITAL?
Yes. (See above, about heart surgery.)
103. DO YOU WISH YOU COULD SEE ANYONE PARTICULAR RIGHT NOW?
My mom, I guess.
104. WHAT JEWELRY ARE YOU WEARING?
105. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO AFTER THIS SURVEY?
Fart around on the internet some more, probably.
(Huh, why is it cutting off the end of my little graphic?)
(There, that's better.)holidailies