Feb 2, 2007Feb 10, 2007
1. What's your favorite music to quilt by? A baseball game on the radio :)
2. Do you have a favorite type/style/line of fabric? If so, what? I guess I'd go with batiks
3. Have you ever purchased a kit (with pre-cut fabric & pattern)? I don't think I have. I own one that my mother gave me; I'll get around to doing it one of these days. It would make a good baby quilt.
4. What is your least favorite color to work with? Plain muslin beige.
5. What is the weather like today where you are at? Good enough for quilting? Well, it is cold and rainy, so it would be a really good day to stay home and quilt, if I wasn't at work!
Late Friday Five
1. What is your favorite night to watch tv? I don't know if I have one - there isn't anything I am all that crazy about these days.
2. Show off your favorite quilt picture. Well, since we're talking about crazy quilts, here's a block:
3. Do you own any wearable quilts? Nope. I'm chunky enough without any help.
4. Do/have you crazy quilted? I've done a few blocks. It's fun but I don't know if I'll ever finish anything. (also it gets very expensive if you get into silks and vintage buttons and so forth)
5. In December's Edition of the Quilter's Home it mentions quilting tattoos. Do you tattoo? No. Fear of needles.
1. What color is your mood today? Let's go with blue. Possibly a more cheerful blue than it would've been yesterday.
2. List your quilting/sewing purchases for this week. Purchases? I don't need purchases, I have aninheritance. (A freaking huge one, where quilting is concerned, too.)
3. What new project (UFO) did you start? None. But I did work on the organizing some more.
4. Did you accomplish extra quilting time this week due to the weather where you are? No, didn't even (quite) freeze here.
5. Are you a member of or did you get this Friday Five from a friend? If you got it from a friend head over to and post your answers there as well! :D</lj></lj> Oh, I'm a member. I think I've been one since day one. :)
(The title is because I'm back at work this week - sigh.)
1. Do you stay up late to finish quilting --- late, like 1-2am? Not often - if I try to quilt when I'm tired I make mistakes. Like, really bad and/or stupid ones. It's not worth it.
2. What was/is your favorite quilting class? Hmm, I've enjoyed most of them. I seem to especially enjoy ones that aren't just about piecing - like Libbie Lehman's, and Melody Crust's, which is about coming up with your own quilting designs.
3. How many rotary cutting rules do you own? I can't possibly count because they're scattered all over the place, but at a guess I would say half a dozen. Possibly more.
4. Will you be watching the grammies Oscars this weekend? Always. Like somebody else said, my husband usually has control of the remote, but he loves movies and wouldn't dream of missing it.
5. What are your weekend plans? Buying a new (used) car! 'Cause my old one has gone to the great highway in the sky, or something like that. We have a loan pre-approved at the credit union and we are going shopping tomorrow. And Sunday I am taking a two-hour beading class. (And I also will have to make a trip over to my mother's house to oversee the extended family members who are going to be "cleaning up" over there. I don't trust them not to get carried away and throw away something that I want to keep!) I'm gonna be busy.
1. What is your favorite day of the week? Friday, I guess - for the usual reasons. Weekend coming up and all that.
2. What's your favorite kind of fabric? Batiks. We'll go with batiks. I like a lot of kinds of fabric, actually.
3. Can you believe it's March already? Definitely not. I suspect that February 2007 is going to be the Lost Month in my memory.
4. What do you collect (besides fabric)? Junk.
5. Quickest project time (and picture please)? I tend not to do very fast projects. However, I guess this one qualifies: I decided to make crazy-quilted stockings for my co-workers a few years ago, and the seams are machine-embroidered. They were fast and they came out really cute.
2. Have you made a quilt out of clothing? No, I've always sort of meant to, but I haven't gotten around to it so far.
3. What quilty things did you do this week? Bought a little fabric and a couple of notions, worked on sorting through my mother's quilting stuff and brought home two big underbed boxes of fabric. And a couple of books! But still no actual quilting.
4. If you were on vacation, what would you bring back for your quilty friends? Fabric, of course.
5. Lemon or Lime? Um, I like them both, for their respective purposes. :) (Lemonade and margaritas, say.)
1. What quilt/sewing project are you working on this week? I'm still in organizing mode. Also, I have a while to work on this, but I'm going to a retreat in late April and I need to start thinking about what I'm going to work on while there.
2. Show us a non-quilty picture (family, pet, house, garden)? Hmm, well, I think I used a garden picture a few weeks ago, so here's my husband instead. (I know a few of you have already seen this picture, but presumably a lot of people haven't!)
3. Do you believe in leprechauns? Um, no. I am generally something of a grinch about St. Patrick's Day, anyway. Particularly when people try to pinch me.
4. Have you been sick this winter? Yes. An awful lot. I had had a flu shot so instead I just had colds, one after the other.
5. Favorite quilting quote/saying. There's a quote about quilters being crazy because they cut fabric apart and then just sew it back together, which I like, but I can't remember how it goes exactly. (While attempting to google that, I came up with this page of general needlework & sewing quotes, which has some good ones.)
1. How many feet do you have for your "main" sewing machine? You know what? I have no idea. I don't switch around very much.
2. Have you used them all? No. I use the darning foot for quilting, and usually the quarter-inch foot for normal sewing. I have never learned to like the walking foot.
3. Are there any feet you wish to still get? Not really.
4. Socks or Barefoot? I only wear socks in cold weather, and where I live there's not that much of it
5. Do you enjoy pedicures? Never had one. I'm not sure how I feel about somebody else handling my feet. Plus I saw that thing on 60 Minutes about pedicures gone wrong. (Shudder.)
Mar 30, 2007
1. How many pattern books do you own? I had a good many to begin with, and I just inherited more. The funny thing is that I rarely make anything out of them, I just use them for inspiration.
2. Do you make up your own patterns? To some extent, yeah. Nothing fancy, though.
3. Did you know most fabric companies offer free patterns? Yes. I've never done one of them myself, but the patterns for this quilt of my mother's came with the fabric, I believe. (Robyn Pandolph's "Moondance" line, from a few years ago.)
4. Do you use the internet to get patterns? Yes. Paper-piecing patterns, especially.
5. Do you prefer traditional (think churn dash, nine patch, 30's) patterns verses modern, more contemporary patterns? I think just about any pattern can look modern and it's more a matter of fabric choices than which pattern you use. The quilt in my icon is a "modern" one but I like tradtional patterns a lot, too.
(Since you may not see that icon, here's the modern quilt in question)